Migraines don’t have to be your norm. Our 100% natural therapies help you lessen or even completely eliminate migraines so you can live a more fulfilling, pain-free life with your loved ones. All without more pain killers, botox injections, intimidating elimination diets, or IV drugs.*
Our powerful blend of natural therapies works for all types of headaches and its associated symptoms including:
Severe, recurrent migraine
Headaches that do not respond to medications
Hormonal or menstrual migraine
Migraine associated with jaw pain, TMJ/TMDD
Chronic, severe tension headaches
Migraine with nausea and vomiting, or visual changes
Come meet us in person and learn more.
Or, just call 207-615-2003 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
* Individual results vary. No guarantee of specific results is warranted or implied and your results will depend on many factors (full disclaimer).
Why our natural treatment for migraine headaches work so well:
We use a different approach to migraine headaches
You may have tried various medications that either didn’t help or you couldn’t tolerate the side effects. You may have been told you that you have to live with your migraines or that “this is as good as it gets”. That doesn’t mean there’s no treatment, it just means you may have run out of conventional treatments to try. Often times we find that people who don’t respond well to conventional treatment respond very well to our natural approach.
We address the root cause
Our process includes pinpointing the actual root CAUSE of your migraines. This is why so many have found relief with our therapies, even when other therapies didn’t work. Even those with a long history of migraines have experienced significant relief.
We awaken your body’s natural healing system
Despite what you may have been led to believe, your body is not “broken” and it IS possible to break the cycle of migraines. Your body is powerful and it knows how to heal itself. It just needs the right input and support. Your body makes its own anti-inflammatory substances and painkillers – and our therapies help it do just that. YOU are your own best healer.
We keep it simple
Healing your migraines does not have to be difficult. Simple, individualized lifestyle and diet changes, along with our targeted natural therapies, are a very clear and concise way to gently get you back on track and feeling like yourself again.
Why We Do What we do
Don’t let migraines take you out of life.
No one can understand the pain, frustration, isolation and disruption to your life that migraines cause unless you’ve experienced them yourself. Treating migraines is a particular passion of mine because I suffered with them the first 25 years of my life. I know what it feels like to shut yourself in a quiet, dark room hoping you can sleep off the pain. I know what it feels like to not be able to function because the pain is so intense that you cannot focus, speak, or move. Migraines literally remove you from your life. When you aren’t having one you are anticipating the next one. You pray you won’t get a migraine on an big day. You miss work, school and family functions because you have no choice. This doesn’t have to be the case. I specialize in treating migraine and chronic headaches. At my clinic we get great results for most people suffering with migraines. Reach out if you’d like to learn more about what a treatment plan would look like for your unqiue case.
FOUR GATES ACUPUNCTURE
How It Works
Book Your Consult
At this evaluation, the acupuncturist will analyze your presentation and give you an estimate of the number of treatments likely needed based on clinically evidence based data. The number of procedures you will need will vary based on your specific condition, the amount of time you’ve had it, etc.
Acupuncture treatment is repeated 1-3 times a week until maximum improvement is seen. Then a maintenance regimen is often prescribed to prevent recurrence. Maintenance may be as liitle as 1-2 times per month.
Acupuncture can and often results in a complete absence of symptoms, even in severe pain conditions that have been present for years. You will likely also notice increased energy, better mood, restful sleep and more mental focus. Our patients regularly remark on how our knowledge, skills and therapies helped change their lives. Will you be next?
Specialized Care Means You Get Exceptional Results
- Core Factors Assessment – First we assess your situation to determine the root cause of your migraine. For most migraine sufferers there are multiple factors that contribute to their chronic migraines (hormonal imbalances, musculoskeletal tension and trigger points in the neck/shoulders/jaw, hypersensitivity of cranial nerves, previous injury or trauma, food and environmental sensitivities, a disrupted sleep cycle and an overactive fight-or-flight response to normal stressors). We will determine which factors need to be addressed in your unique case.
- Focused Action Plan – Next, we come up with a clear, concise, and focused treatment plan to attack the root cause along with any other symptoms you might be experiencing (such as body pain, feelings of stress and anxiety, poor sleep, fatigue, and problems with mental focus). Your treatment plan will include one or more of the following therapies: acupuncture, targeted nutritional supplements and herbs, ATP Bio-Resonance, stretches, and relaxation exercises.
- Acupuncture for Pain Relief – We’ll do weekly acupuncture sessions targeted towards relieving pain and strengthening your body’s natural healing mechanisms to alleviate your migraine and de-stress your body.
- Targeted Nutritional and Herbal Support – We make sure you have a nutritional plan and the right herbal therapy that supports the healing of the cells and tissues that have been depleted or damaged and are causing your migraines.
- Ensure Stable, Lasting Results – Once we’ve achieved consistent pain relief, we’ll gradually reduce the frequency of the treatments, to ensure that your results last.
Common Questions About Our Treatment Program for Migraine Headaches
How do I know this will work for migraines?
Not only do various research studies show that migraines can be improved or even permanently alleviated by using acupuncture and herbal therapy, we have experience and has seen this firsthand.
I am taking medication for my migraines, will anything you do conflict with my current treatment?
Absolutely not, we evaluate all medications you are taking and ensure that we do not prescribe any herbal therapy with any known cross-reactions interactions.
The strong medications I take for my migraines don’t even work sometimes, how will something like tiny needles make any difference?
Your body is powerful. It is highly capable of healing itself and is always striving to return to a state of balance. Oftentimes even small adjustments result in large shifts which make all the difference because you are working with your body’s own natural healing response and not chemically over-riding it.
Will you tell me I have to take 25 vitamin pills a day?
We always make sure our treatment plans are concise and focused on your problem. No “shotgun” approach here.
Will I have to spend a lot of time coming in for treatments?
Most of our patients are able to get great results with once-weekly visits. We can discuss this in more detail at your free consultation.
Will I have to keep doing treatment with you forever?
Many patients experience a complete resolution of symptoms (or solution to their problem) in 10-12 visits. After that, many choose to come in for regular maintenance visits. But, our goal is to get you to where you no longer need treatment and will be so happy with your results you’ll send us all your friends and family
How long does it take to see results?
People often feel a shift after the very first treatment. Acupuncture is a very powerful way to stimulate endorphin release, which is the most powerful relaxing substance the body makes.
Does it hurt?
The needles are extremely thin, about the width of a cat whisker, and they cause little to no pain because they are so tiny and do not cut the skin.
Our Mission is Simple: To Lead you to a place where you live without Pain.
I used to get 2-3 migraines every month that would last for days each. Sometimes the medications worked and other times they didn’t. It was awful and exhausting. I felt stuck. I really like my doctor but besides the meds, there was nothing else she could do for me. I didn’t want to be on the medication, so I tried acupuncture. I wish I had tried it years ago. I finally feel like I’m ahead of my migraines. Now I only get them 2-3 times per year and I can live with that!